- 125ml warm water
- 2 teaspoons of dried yeast (or 1 sachet)
- 250g flour
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tblsp olive oil
For the topping
- 250g fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 80g ham finely chopped
- ¾ cup of tomato pizza sauce
- 80g of grated pizza cheese
– Combine the warm water and yeast and allow to rest for 10 minutes, stiring occasionally. The yeast is alive and ready to use when foamed at the top.
– sift flour and salt into a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the water and yeast. Stir until a soft dough ball forms.
– Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 8-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl. Cover and set aside to prove in a warm place for 40 minutes or until the dough doubles in size.
– Combine the pineapple, ham and spring onion in a bowl. Season.
– add melted butter and mix at high speed until just combined
– Preheat oven to 200C. Punch down dough. Knead until smooth. Roll out to a 42cm x 22cm rectangle. Spread with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Top with the pineapple mixture, leaving a 2cm border at 1 long side. Starting from the other long side, roll up to form a log. Trim ends. Cut into 24 slices, about 1.5cm thick. Place slices on 2 lined trays, with room for spreading. Insert soaked bamboo skewers into each slice. Spray with oil.
– Bake for 14-15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool slightly.