Your fussy eating toddler or child will love these healthy and nutritious Granola Bars with Quinoa!
Granola Bars with Quinoa
- 100g butter
- 50g honey
- 2tbls rapadura*
- 80g almond butter
- 35g quinoa
- 130g rolled oats
- 80g dates
- ½ cup rice bubbles (not necessary but adds extra crunch)
*Also known as “panela”, this is unrefined cane sugar. It is available
in health food shops.
– Line an oven tray with parchment paper. Toast the quinoa and oats
the oven tray for 8 minutes at 180°
– Over a medium heat in a saucepan, combine the butter, honey,
rapadura and almond butter.
– In a food processor, blend the dates until they form a sticky paste.
– Combine all ingredients including the rice bubbles. Mix until it all
– Line a 20cm baking tin with parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes
– Cool on a rack and slice into bars.
Note: if taking these to school in a lunch box, please be mindful of our
anaphylactic shockers and replace the almond butter for a seeded butter.