Dairy and Gluten and Sugar-free, fudgy sweet potato brownies.
Fudgy sweet potato brownies
- 120 grams medjool dates (pips removed)
- 1 medium sweet potato (approx 300g)
- 2 eggs
- 100 gram Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (dutch cocoa is always worth the extra money if you have it available at your store)
- 1 teaspoon GF baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 40 gram Coconut Flour
– Pre-heat oven to 185 oC
– Line a 20cm square biscuit tin with baking paper.
– In a food processor place the dates and blitz for 10 seconds.
– Peel the sweet potato and chop roughly into small pieces, Add it to the food processor and blitz until finely grated.
– Add all remaining ingredients and blitz until all combined, scrape down the sides and lid and blitz again to ensure no lumps.
– Pour mixture into the baking tin and cook for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before trying to remove.
– Allow to cool completely before dividing up into bars. These have a fridge life of up to 4 days, otherwise freeze very well.