Miso Salmon with Asian Sesame Salad
- 2 tbls of miso (white or red)
- 2 tbls of coconut aminos (if you can’t get this then use a light soy sauce)
- 2 tbls of hot water
- 2 tbls of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbls of sesame oil
- 2tsp of sesame seeds
- 800g of salmon pieces
- 3 large handfuls of salad greens (I used rocket and baby spinach)
- 10 Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 6-8 Shitake mushrooms quartered
- Bunch of asparagus trimmed and chopped
- Handful of snow peas, de-stringed and roughly chopped
- ½ up of cashews
- Finely sliced spring onions to serve
Whisk the miso, coconut aminos and hot water to combine. Reserve 2 tablespoons for the salad dressing. Marinate salmon for 20 minutes while you prepare the salad.
Salad Dressing Method
Combine reserved marinade, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
In a wok, toast the cashews until they are showing colour, set aside to cool.
Toss the shitake mushrooms and asparagus in a tablespoon of salad dressing and toss in the wok for 3 minutes being careful not to overcook the asparagus. Set aside with the cashews to cool.
Once cooled combine with the remaining ingredients and toss through the salad dressing.
Place the salmon into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. Turning to baste once only at the halfway point.
Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds and spring onions.