- 100g sunflower seeds
- 100g pepita seeds*
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 100g dried cranberries
- 100g sultanas**
- 100g dried apricots
- ¾ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp cacao
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Cacao and/or toasted coconut – to roll balls in
*Pepita seeds are the edible seeds of pumpkins and squash.
**Sultanas are similar to raisins.
– Put the sunflower and pepita seeds into a bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of
lemon juice and mix a few times to distribute the juice. Cover with
warm water to twice the height of the seeds. Soak the seeds
overnight in a warm place.
– The next day, drain water from soaked seeds. Blend soaked seeds,
cranberries, sultanas, and apricots in food processor, until they
start to come together.
– Add remaining ingredients (tahini, cacao, desiccated coconut)
– Roll into bite sized balls. Then roll in desired coating.
– Store in freezer.
Note: Benefits of soaking seeds prior to ingestion:
Make sure these don’t get confiscated by well-meaning teachers, etc.
from your child’s lunch box by labelling the lunch box with a kind
message saying ‘nothing in this goodies box will cause an anaphylactic